Core User CAL Suite (Includes Software Assurance)
The Core User CAL Suite is a set of four user client access licenses (CALs) and two user client management licenses (MLs). Together they provide user licensing for key Microsoft server technologies.
A user CAL authorizes a user to access a server from any device (for example, when an employee accesses the server from a computer at work and another at home). A user client ML licenses the management of any number of OSEs, as long as only one user has access to them. If more than one user has access to a certain OSE or set of OSEs, an ML is necessary for each user. See below for details on the CALs and client MLs included with this donation
Benefits for Organizations
· You can request this suite to obtain user licensing for six popular server products using only one of your Microsoft title group allotments.
· You'll also obtain the rights to download and install management server software for System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, and System Center Endpoint Protection.
One Core User CAL Suite contains one of each of the following CALs:
· Windows Server User CAL provides access to Windows Server.
· Exchange Server User CAL – Standard provides access to Exchange Server.
· SharePoint Server Standard Edition User CAL provides access to SharePoint Server.
· Lync Server User CAL – Standard supports the instant messaging, presence, and PC-to-PC audio and video communications capabilities of Lync Server 2010 or Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
Note: The Exchange Server Enterprise CAL and SharePoint Server Enterprise Edition CAL are not included in the Core CAL Suite.
System Center Client MLs
One Core User CAL Suite contains one of each of the following user client MLs:
· System Center Configuration Manager User Client ML allows management by System Center Configuration Manager and Virtual Machine Manager.
· System Center Endpoint Protection User Client ML allows protection by System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
The right to run management server software is included with System Center client MLs. If you request this product, you can download and install the management server software listed above. The software includes a runtime version of SQL Server Technology (SQL Server Standard Edition) to support System Center. No additional licenses are needed for management servers or SQL Server technology.
For more information, see TechSoup Europe’s Guide to System Center Products and Licensing.
Obtaining This Product
CALs and MLs do not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
The System Center server software requires installation media which you can download or order from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC)
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Europe will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. TechSoup Europe will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
See system requirements for each System Center component: